Recently I was asked to run a workshop about the basics of blogs for non-instructional purposes. Eseentially, what is a blog and how is it used. I’m excited to offer this workshop, and I’m thrilled to see that it is sold out! After careful consideration, I chose to focus on the following areas below.
By the end of the two hour session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify various uses for a blog
- Log into a blog (teachers)
- Create a post for their blog
- Create categories for their blog (categories allow users to view all blog entries by category. For example, a class may have homework, resources, writing, and activities categories. By clicking on one category, the reader will only see items you have associated with that category.)
- Select a theme for their blog
- Use the various functions of the blog dashboard
- Determine the use of comments, including when to allow/disallow comments and under what conditions
The one sheet handout is available to print.