This week we will begin the process of standardizing district usernames (network, email, and multiple systems) for consistency. Usernames will reflect each user’s first initial and last name (i.e. jkrouskoff). This change WILL NOT impact anyone’s email, as mail from the old address and the new will go to the same mailbox.
For several months, the instructional technology team has been planning a process for standardizing our usernames and email addresses to reflect each user’s first initial and last name (i.e. jkrouskoff). Currently, users with more than eight letters in their last name have a “truncated” username and email address (i.e. jkrousko rather than jkrouskoff). Even this, however, is not consistent, as some have been “allowed” a full username (first initial and full last name, regardless of length), while others have been truncated at a total of seven letters rather than eight.
Our goal: To standardize district usernames and email addresses to reflect each user’s first initial and last name (i.e. jkrouskoff). This change WILL NOT impact anyone’s email, as mail from the old address and the new will go to the same mailbox.
Steps we will be taking:
- Communicate this upcoming change to users who will be affected, our tech ta’s, our technicians and all principals.
- Include the details in a note to affected users
- Our department will make the change seamless to users on all systems (Note: eSchool and the elementary report card system will maintain the current log-in username and will be changed upon the implementation of the new SIS).
- All staff (affected by these changes) in each location will be completed on the same date.
- Little Tor will be the first school we address. It has only 7 users who will be impacted. Details will follow to those impacted at Little Tor prior to any action.
It is important that we complete these changes before beginning our summer work, as we will be migrating to new systems on the backend and need to have these items in place prior to beginning this work.